Saturday, June 10, 2017

God is with you in your Trouble

This life can be hard. 

You and I did not ask to be born. You could not choose where or when you would grow up. 

Did your parents separate when you were young? You felt abandoned and insecure. In your child’s mind, you thought it was your fault, but it was not.

Was your home a battle ground when your parents were fighting? 
It was not your fault.

People often cry out for God but feel He is far away.


"Where was God when I was bullied and beaten up?"

God looked down and saw our suffering and He felt our pain. 

He wanted to help, and He had a plan. We humans have made a mess of this planet but we did not take God by surprise. 


Before the creation of the world, God saw everything that would happen and all the bad choices we would make. He knew how tough it would be and He decided to go ahead and create the world. 

4  Long ago, even before he made the world, God chose us to be his very own through what Christ would do for us; he decided then to make us holy in his eyes, without a single fault—we who stand before him covered with his love. 


5  His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by sending Jesus Christ to die for us. And he did this because he wanted to! Ephesians 1:4-5 (TLB) 


When you trust in Jesus Christ to give you a new life, He forgives all the wrong you have done, all the pain you have brought on other people and He gives you a new start in life.


Does God take away all your troubles and give you a life without problems? 

Sometimes we wish it was like this but it is not. But God is with you in all your troubles

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 

who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (NIV) 


These words were written by the Apostle Paul. He knew what he was talking about.

2 Corinthians 11:24-27 (TLB) 
24  Five different times the Jews gave me their terrible thirty-nine lashes. 

25  Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I was in the open sea all night and the whole next day. 

26  I have travelled many weary miles and have been often in great danger from flooded rivers and from robbers and from my own people, the Jews, as well as from the hands of the Gentiles. I have faced grave dangers from mobs in the cities and from death in the deserts and in the stormy seas and from men who claim to be brothers in Christ but are not. 

27  I have lived with weariness and pain and sleepless nights. Often I have been hungry and thirsty and have gone without food; often I have shivered with cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm. 

Jesus never promised us a life free of suffering but He promised to be with us forever and to save us from all our troubles.

Every time Paul was beaten and broken, God healed him, raised him up and gave him the strength to go on. 

If you love and serve Jesus, He will do the same for you.

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 


and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:25-26 (NIV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment